Friday, December 3, 2010

Ava is 20lbs!!!

We had to go to meet with a nurse in the endocrinology department of Children's Hospital Boston today so she could show me how to test Ava's glucose levels. She has been having some shaking spells and slurred speech so we are suspecting she may have trouble regulating her sugar level. Anyways, more on that later, right now I am sooo excited to report that my baby is 20lbs!!!! 
Yay Ava! In actuality, the weight gain is not great but seeing that number gives me an amazing feeling. She was such a trooper today letting mommy poke her with the glucose test despite the nasty cold that she has been fighting. We celebrated with a trip to American Girl to buy a new Christmas dress for "babydoll", a trip to Carter's to get Ava a Christmas dress very similar to babydoll's, and stop at the ice cream place in the mall for a chocolate sin smoothie. Which, when I tried to take a sip of, Ava told me "put it right there mommy". She was referring to her cup holder. In other words, stop drinking my smoothie mom! 
Ava with her chocolate sin smoothie and babydoll wearing her new Christmas dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment