Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First day on Peptamen Junior...

I decided to give Ava her first taste of Peptamen Junior with her lunch. I did half Peptamen Jr., half whole milk, and added in some chocolate syrup for flavor. It was a hit! She drank it right down without a problem. Then tonight I gave it to her in her bottle that she has before bed. She drank this a little more slowly as it was just the Peptamen. When we made her neocate, it was a powder and we added in a TBSP of rice to make it a bit thicker. The Peptamen is a liquid instead of a powder that you mix with water, so the texture is a bit different. I am wondering if it is filling her belly more quickly because it is definitely thicker than the Neocate was. If so, this could be why she is being so poky. She has been taking sips of it for half an hour and still has two out of four ounces left. When I prompt her to drink more she is telling me that her "belly sick". She says this quite often though so who knows. We'll see if she finishes and keeps it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment